Pris could well be my new favourite band. They don’t have a single out, just a fascinating web presence and some top tunes. Here’s why you’ll love them too;
- They deploy the classic cool line up. That being a four piece, three girls with a bloke shoved away behind the drums.
- They always look like they are having ridiculous fun. Probably because they are.
- Their melodies course through the veins of their pop songs, before infiltrating your heart.
- They are DIY and beautifully so. Not in an ‘I can’t be arsed to learn to play my instrument way’, but in a ‘let’s have a crack at this ourselves’ way, and part of the fun is the hiccups along the way.
- Because if you love Kenickie, Shampoo, Voodoo Queens and their ilk, you’ll love them. Because you obviously have great taste.
- They want to kill all indie landfill bands, and leave us with a purely glamour filled pop world.
- Remember when the Manics were young and glam and proper dangerous? That’s Pris.